Free Passport Initiative
Georgia Tech, along with five other prominent educational institutions in Atlanta, has received a sponsorship from Delta Air Lines as part of a multi-university free passport program to help increase access to global education experiences and foster international perspectives among students. The Atlanta Global Research and Education Collaborative (AGREC), consisting of Emory University, Georgia State University, Georgia Institute of Technology, Agnes Scott College, Spelman College, and Kennesaw State University, is the recipient of this funding from Delta Air Lines, which will cover 50 passports at each institution for the 2023-24 academic year. Read more about the sponsorship HERE.
Open to Georgia Tech students with demonstrated financial need who are receiving financial aid, this initiative aims to eliminate the financial barriers that might hinder their ability to obtain a U.S. passport. By covering the U.S. passport application and photo fees, the program provides a gateway for eligible students to embark on journeys of international exploration and learning.
How to Apply:
The Fall 2023 application cycle for the Free Passport Initiative will open September 15. Eligible Georgia Tech students are encouraged to apply by October 15 for consideration. Application acceptance is first-come, first-served. Accepted applicants will be scheduled for a formal appointment at Georgia Tech's Passport Fair on November 14, and provided with detailed instructions of what to bring to their appointment.
FALL 2023 APPLICATION OPENS: SEPTEMBER 15
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 15
FALL 2023 PASSPORT FAIR: NOVEMBER 14
- Enrolled, degree-seeking Georgia Tech students with demonstrated financial need, receiving financial aid
- Students must be applying/have applied to participate in a Georgia Tech Education Abroad Program (Faculty-Led Study Abroad, GT Exchange Program, Global Research & Internship Program (GRIP), GT-Europe, GT-Shenzhen) - https://ea.oie.gatech.edu/
- First-time and renewal US passport applicants (with priority given to first-time applicants)
Inquiries and questions regarding the initiative can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Detailed information about U.S. passport requirements can be found at https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports.html.
The GT Passport Fair will take place on Tuesday, November 14, 2023 from 10am-4pm in the Exhibition Hall's Buckhead Room. The fair is open to the GT community, including all GT faculty, staff and students, as well as their family members. Representatives from Georgia State University's Passport Services office will be there to assist with applications, photos and payments.
- Georgia Tech faculty/staff/student, or family member of GT faculty/staff/student
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- First-time passport applicants only, unless previous passport was issued under age 16, or renewing due to a lost/stolen/damaged passport.
Please review the following for a checklist of what to bring with you when submitting your passport application: GT Passport Fair - What You Need to Know and Frequently Asked Questions.