Program Proposal And Approval Guidelines for Faculty-led Study Abroad Programs or Embedded Faculty-led Courses
All current and new Faculty-Led Study Abroad Program Directors (and Embedded Faculty-Led Course Directors) are required to submit official Study Abroad Program Proposals to the IUCC Study Abroad Committee each year. Program proposals should be submitted online via Atlas and include the following documents:
- Proposal Questionnaire
- Course Proposal Form(s)
- Program Budget and Student Cost of Attendance
- Academic Department Approval Form
Questions about the proposal submissions, review, and approval process should be directed to Mary Alice Allen (404-385-8127).
2021 Program Proposals due Friday, October 16, 2020
Student Information Regarding Faculty-led Study Abroad Programs
OIE is responsible for encouraging and assisting students in taking advantage of GT's study abroad options. Faculty-led study abroad applicants apply for programs through OIE and must attend mandatory orientations to be eligible to participate. Below is more information on some of the GT requirements for faculty-led study abroad students.
APPLICATION TO GT STUDY ABROAD PROGRAMS
GT Students: GT students applying to GT Faculty-Led Study Abroad are required to submit GT's Central Faculty-Led Study Abroad Application to OIE. Students can access the application and instructions at atlas.gatech.edu
Transient and Special Students (Non-GT students): Students from other U.S. institutions may be able to participate in some GT Faculty-Led Study Abroad Programs. These students are categorized as Transient or Special (non-degree seeking students), and thus must complete a different application process than GT students.
GT students are required to complete the Pre-Departure Orientation hosted by the Office of International Education. The Pre-Departure Orientation consists of a set of online videos and quizzes, which can be accessed through Atlas. This is mandatory for all students, and must be completed by the deadline noted in Atlas.
Trainings & Tutorials
- Atlas: Faculty/Staff Login Instructions
- Atlas: Program Proposal Submission Instructions
- Atlas: Study Abroad Application Training for Faculty/Staff
- Atlas: Highlighted Guide to Queries and Reports
- Study Abroad Program Faculty and Staff Training Resources
- Financial Training for Study Abroad Faculty, Staff, and Financial Administrators
- Study Abroad Faculty & Staff Training Attestation Statement
- CISI Insurance for Study Abroad
- CISI International Insurance for Non-Study Abroad Travel
- Faculty and Staff Protocols for Study Abroad
- FLSA Marketing Tips and Tricks
- Program Director Manual for Faculty-led Study Abroad Programs
- Program Proposal Documents
- Student Life Referral Form (to express any concerns you may have with a student to Dean of Students)
- Summer 2019- Overall Evaluation Report